Friday, April 04, 2008

I must be dreaming...


I agreed to let L go to an all girls sleepover at her school tonight. There are 35 girls from the age of 7 to 12 and 5 adults. L is they only one with T1.

I must have been asleep when I said yes. Actually, I didn't say yes: Not officially. Her dad bought it as a gift for her at the school auction. "It will be fun for her," he assured me. What about me?

I spent the morning telling a good friend who is one of the chaperones everything I know about diabetes. I can't believe I have asked her to do this. She is being really sweet about the whole thing, but I am really stressed. This is the first time L will draw and inject her shots for dinner and breakfast by herself.

This is a big step for her. It has always been my goal to make sure she can enjoy the same things her friends can. This is a tough test. I am sure I wouldn't hesitate to let her go if she wasn't T1. That is the part that gets me.

She was going low (about 86) when we left, so we gave her a juice box. It was a half hour until dinner, an hour later then we usually have it. Oh, and they have cookies, and popcorn, and pizza, and ARRGH!

Well, she is there, so it is time for me to relax and enjoy my night off.

I promise to try.

No comments: