2nd clininc appointment today - the doctor gave our family an A+!
Here are a few things we discussed:
1. When mixing insulin, you have to draw the short acting 1st (NPH) and then the long acting 2nd(Lantus). If you do it the other way around (as I have been) you contaminate the NPH and it becomes uneffective. Oops.
2. Add a vile of a long acting insulin (i.e. Lantus) and syringes to any school emergency kits.
3. ALL SUGARS ARE CREATED EQUAL. Count the Carbs.
4. There is still no cure for type 1 diabetes
5. Nothing can bring a proud tear to your eye like watching your 7 year old give her doctor an injection.
6. Don't worry, the numbers are good. Wait until the "honeymoon" period is over...